Coming Up –
Sunday 25th August, 11am – “Disrupting the Ableist Narrative”, a panel and reading at the Queensland Poetry Festival, featuring myself, Amanda Tink and Gaele Sobott, facilitated by Verity La‘s Michele Seminara. Poets living with and writing about disability come together to explore the theme of Deep Listening in the context of disability, poetry and criticism. At the Performance Space in the Judith Wright Centre of Contemporary Arts, Fortitude Valley. Come along for the whole weekend – it’s one of the best festivals there is!
Sunday 1st September, 10am – Celebrating Victorian Writers. A panel discussion and reading featuring myself, Angela Savage, Melanie Cheng and Christos Tsiolkas. Presented by Writers Victoria (it’s their 30th anniversary!) as part of the Melbourne Writers Festival – the theme this year is “When We Talk About Love”. So of course we will. At the State Library of Victoria, Village Roadshow Theatrette.
Tuesday 17th September, 7pm – Poetryspective, a new fortnightly gig – two features; one reading their own poems, the other (that’s me!) giving a retrospective of a poet who inspires them (I haven’t decided yet – who will it be?). At Pride of Our Footscray Community Bar, 86 Hopkins St Footscray.
More events & festivals TBC in October and November…
- Disability Poetics, Panel, Emerging Writers Festival, Melbourne
- 30 Years of Victorian Writing, Art Is… Festival, Horsham
- Earth@Peace Cultural Evening, Centre for Theology & Ministry, Parkville
- The P-Word Sessions, Motley Bauhaus, North Fitzroy
- La Mama Poetica, La Mama Courthouse, Carlton
- Poetry at Chrissy Hills, Mechanics Institute Hall, Christmas Hills
- Final of the Melbourne Spoken Word Prize, Northcote Town Hall.
- “Cafe Philosophique de la Mort” at the Alex Theatre, St Kilda
- “Halifax Featured Poets” at Halifax Cafe, Adelaide
- “Poetry at the Pub”, Newcastle
- Poetry on the Move” Festival, Canberra
- “The Ostler” at “Present Tense” at RMIT University
- Eltham Courthouse Poetry, Eltham
- Melbourne Poets Union at The Taproom, Castlemaine
- Going Down Swinging presents “In Full Swing” at Rokeby Studios, Collingwood
- 3CR Benefit at Grub Food Van, Fitzroy
- Poetry at the Dan O’Connell Hotel, Carlton
- David Stavanger’s “Electric Journal” plus “Page vs Stage” at The Wheeler Centre, Melbourne
- “Castlemaine Pride” community day at the Botanic Gardens, Castlemaine
- “Risky Business” at the Malthouse Theatre, Southbank
- “Cafe Philosophique Des Toilette” at the Alex Theatre, St Kilda
- “Books Plus Poet” at Books Plus, Castlemaine
- Launch of “Music Our Bodies Can’t Hold” at The Taproom, Castlemaine
- Launch of “Music Our Bodies Can’t Hold” at Collected Works Bookshop, Melbourne.
- Queensland Poetry Festival.
- Perth Poetry Festival.
- Williamstown Literary Festival.
- Christmas Hills Writers and Readers Festival.
- Writer-in-Residence, RMIT University, Melbourne.
- Castlemaine State Festival.
- Castlemaine Poetry Festival.
- The Owl and the Pussycat, Richmond.
- Little Windows Chapbooks Series 1 Launch at Booknook & Bean, Adelaide.
- The Lee Marvin Readings, Adelaide.
- Sporting Poets at the Charles Weston Hotel, Brunswick.
- “The Fractured Self” at the Immigration Museum, Melbourne.
- Chamber Poets at the Chamber Art & Coffee House, Woodend.
- Poetry at the Dan O’Connell Hotel, Carlton.
- Brisbane Writers Festival.
- La Mama Poetica at Carlton Courthouse.
- PoetiCas at Food Garden, Castlemaine.
- Melbourne Poets Union at Hares & Hyenas, Fitzroy.
- Eltham Courthouse Poetry.
- “Captured Whispers” by Black Hole Theatre at 1000£ Bend Gallery, Melbourne.
- Three Poets & a Book Launch at Hobart Bookshop.
- Launch of “Immune Systems” at Collected Works Bookshop, Melbourne.
- House of Bricks Spoken Word, Collingwood.
- “Quippings Freaktastic” at the Melbourne Fringe Festival at the Spiegeltent, Collingwood.
- Launch of “the thin bridge” at Collected Works Bookshop, Melbourne.
- “Poetry for the Soul” at the Carmelite Centre, Middle Park.
- “Laneway Words” with Bill Moran (USA) and Fury at Toot Fanute, Melbourne.
- “Over the Edge Writers Gathering” at Galway Arts Centre’s Nuns’ Island Theatre, Ireland.
- Clifden Arts Week at Station House Theatre, Clifden, Ireland.
- “O’Bheal” at The Long Valley, Cork, Ireland.
- Poetry at the Dan O’Connell Hotel, Carlton.
- “Strip Fest”, various outdoor locations, St Kilda.
- “Poetry at the Comma”, Castlemaine.
- “Readings at Red Wheelbarrow”, East Brunswick.
- “La Mama Poetica” at the Carlton Courthouse.
- “Bar Stanza” at the Owl and the Pussycat, Richmond.
- Write Around the Murray, Writers Festival, Albury.
- Words in Winter Festival at Daylesford.
- Travel Ideals Conference at the University of Melbourne.
- Poetry and Conversation at the Geelong Library.
- Sweetalkers at the Bendigo Hotel, Collingwood.