Coming Up –
Wednesday 27th November, 6.15pm to 7.15pm, at The Wheeler Centre, 176 Little Lonsdale St Melbourne – Leading the Charge: Climate Change, Disability and Storytelling Climate change is hitting some of us harder than others. For people with disability, it brings a unique set of potential impacts and consequences, from shelter and news accessibility during extreme weather events to sustainable housing and migration restrictions. Is the global climate justice movement adequately attuned to the varying needs of people with disability? Panelists – Lefa Singleton Norton, CB Mako, Carly Findlay, Fiona Tuomy and myself. FREE event, bookings recommended.
Thursday 28th November, 5.30pm to 6.30pm, at Castlemaine Library, 212 Barker St. – Lee Kofman: Imperfect Lee’s highly-praised book “Imperfect” discusses cultural conditioning and media portrayals around beauty and perfection. She will be appearing in conversation with local poet and performer, Andy Jackson, who also features in Imperfect, in discussions around unusual bodies. FREE event, bookings encouraged.
Tuesday, 3rd December, 6.30pm to 8pm, at Common Rooms (Trades Hall), 54 Victoria St. Melbourne – Bold & Brilliant: Disabled & Deaf Writers On the International Day of People with Disability, Writers Victoria celebrates the diversity of the writing community with this panel (and reading) featuring Carly Findlay, Erin Kyan, Alex Creece, and Jess Walton, hosted by myself. $15/10, bookings here.
- Word for Word Non-Fiction Festival, Geelong
- Cafe Philosophique De L’Amour, Esplanade Hotel, St Kilda
- Poetryspective, Pride of Our Footscray Community Bar, Footscray
- Celebrating Victorian Writers, Panel/Reading, Melbourne Writers Festival
- Disrupting the Ableist Narrative, Panel, Queensland Poetry Festival, Brisbane
- Disability Poetics, Panel, Emerging Writers Festival, Melbourne
- 30 Years of Victorian Writing, Art Is… Festival, Horsham
- Earth@Peace Cultural Evening, Centre for Theology & Ministry, Parkville
- The P-Word Sessions, Motley Bauhaus, North Fitzroy
- La Mama Poetica, La Mama Courthouse, Carlton
- Poetry at Chrissy Hills, Mechanics Institute Hall, Christmas Hills
- Final of the Melbourne Spoken Word Prize, Northcote Town Hall.
- “Cafe Philosophique de la Mort” at the Alex Theatre, St Kilda
- “Halifax Featured Poets” at Halifax Cafe, Adelaide
- “Poetry at the Pub”, Newcastle
- Poetry on the Move” Festival, Canberra
- “The Ostler” at “Present Tense” at RMIT University
- Eltham Courthouse Poetry, Eltham
- Melbourne Poets Union at The Taproom, Castlemaine
- Going Down Swinging presents “In Full Swing” at Rokeby Studios, Collingwood
- 3CR Benefit at Grub Food Van, Fitzroy
- Poetry at the Dan O’Connell Hotel, Carlton
- David Stavanger’s “Electric Journal” plus “Page vs Stage” at The Wheeler Centre, Melbourne
- “Castlemaine Pride” community day at the Botanic Gardens, Castlemaine
- “Risky Business” at the Malthouse Theatre, Southbank
- “Cafe Philosophique Des Toilette” at the Alex Theatre, St Kilda
- “Books Plus Poet” at Books Plus, Castlemaine
- Launch of “Music Our Bodies Can’t Hold” at The Taproom, Castlemaine
- Launch of “Music Our Bodies Can’t Hold” at Collected Works Bookshop, Melbourne.
- Queensland Poetry Festival.
- Perth Poetry Festival.
- Williamstown Literary Festival.
- Christmas Hills Writers and Readers Festival.
- Writer-in-Residence, RMIT University, Melbourne.
- Castlemaine State Festival.
- Castlemaine Poetry Festival.
- The Owl and the Pussycat, Richmond.
- Little Windows Chapbooks Series 1 Launch at Booknook & Bean, Adelaide.
- The Lee Marvin Readings, Adelaide.
- Sporting Poets at the Charles Weston Hotel, Brunswick.
- “The Fractured Self” at the Immigration Museum, Melbourne.
- Chamber Poets at the Chamber Art & Coffee House, Woodend.
- Poetry at the Dan O’Connell Hotel, Carlton.
- Brisbane Writers Festival.
- La Mama Poetica at Carlton Courthouse.
- PoetiCas at Food Garden, Castlemaine.
- Melbourne Poets Union at Hares & Hyenas, Fitzroy.
- Eltham Courthouse Poetry.
- “Captured Whispers” by Black Hole Theatre at 1000£ Bend Gallery, Melbourne.
- Three Poets & a Book Launch at Hobart Bookshop.
- Launch of “Immune Systems” at Collected Works Bookshop, Melbourne.
- House of Bricks Spoken Word, Collingwood.
- “Quippings Freaktastic” at the Melbourne Fringe Festival at the Spiegeltent, Collingwood.
- Launch of “the thin bridge” at Collected Works Bookshop, Melbourne.
- “Poetry for the Soul” at the Carmelite Centre, Middle Park.
- “Laneway Words” with Bill Moran (USA) and Fury at Toot Fanute, Melbourne.
- “Over the Edge Writers Gathering” at Galway Arts Centre’s Nuns’ Island Theatre, Ireland.
- Clifden Arts Week at Station House Theatre, Clifden, Ireland.
- “O’Bheal” at The Long Valley, Cork, Ireland.
- Poetry at the Dan O’Connell Hotel, Carlton.
- “Strip Fest”, various outdoor locations, St Kilda.
- “Poetry at the Comma”, Castlemaine.
- “Readings at Red Wheelbarrow”, East Brunswick.
- “La Mama Poetica” at the Carlton Courthouse.
- “Bar Stanza” at the Owl and the Pussycat, Richmond.
- Write Around the Murray, Writers Festival, Albury.
- Words in Winter Festival at Daylesford.
- Travel Ideals Conference at the University of Melbourne.
- Poetry and Conversation at the Geelong Library.
- Sweetalkers at the Bendigo Hotel, Collingwood.