Coming Up –
Tuesday 15th October, 7pm – Cafe Philosophique De L’Amour, at the Hotel Esplanade (yes the Espy!), St Kilda. Week 3 of a four-week series of spoken word, music and conversation exploring the intricacies of relationships, this week’s theme is “Relationships with Ourselves”. Sean M Whelan, Manisha Anjali, Ebony Moncreif, musician Matt Wicking, and myself will read/perform some of our own work, then facilitate small-group discussions. Cafe Philosophique is grounded in a desire to help strengthen and foster connection. Creating unlikely conversations and questioning the ingrained, the series helps to build community and ultimately allow us to live better lives. Presented by The Little Theatre Company and supported by The City of Port Philip. Tickets here (bookings recommended).
Friday 15th to Sunday 17th November – Word for Word National Non-Fiction Festival, Geelong Library & Heritage Centre. Featuring an array of impressive writers and thinkers, including Archie Roach, Benjamin Law, Jess Hill, Ruby Hamad, and many more. I’m involved in “Rhythm and Language” (a panel on poetry with Anna Jacobson and David Stavanger, hosted by David McCooey – Sat 16th, 2.30pm), and “Bodies of Work” (a discussion on (im)perfection and difference, with Lee Kofman, hosted by Maria Takolander – Sun 17th, 10am).
- Poetryspective, Pride of Our Footscray Community Bar, Footscray
- Celebrating Victorian Writers, Panel/Reading, Melbourne Writers Festival
- Disrupting the Ableist Narrative, Panel, Queensland Poetry Festival, Brisbane
- Disability Poetics, Panel, Emerging Writers Festival, Melbourne
- 30 Years of Victorian Writing, Art Is… Festival, Horsham
- Earth@Peace Cultural Evening, Centre for Theology & Ministry, Parkville
- The P-Word Sessions, Motley Bauhaus, North Fitzroy
- La Mama Poetica, La Mama Courthouse, Carlton
- Poetry at Chrissy Hills, Mechanics Institute Hall, Christmas Hills
- Final of the Melbourne Spoken Word Prize, Northcote Town Hall.
- “Cafe Philosophique de la Mort” at the Alex Theatre, St Kilda
- “Halifax Featured Poets” at Halifax Cafe, Adelaide
- “Poetry at the Pub”, Newcastle
- Poetry on the Move” Festival, Canberra
- “The Ostler” at “Present Tense” at RMIT University
- Eltham Courthouse Poetry, Eltham
- Melbourne Poets Union at The Taproom, Castlemaine
- Going Down Swinging presents “In Full Swing” at Rokeby Studios, Collingwood
- 3CR Benefit at Grub Food Van, Fitzroy
- Poetry at the Dan O’Connell Hotel, Carlton
- David Stavanger’s “Electric Journal” plus “Page vs Stage” at The Wheeler Centre, Melbourne
- “Castlemaine Pride” community day at the Botanic Gardens, Castlemaine
- “Risky Business” at the Malthouse Theatre, Southbank
- “Cafe Philosophique Des Toilette” at the Alex Theatre, St Kilda
- “Books Plus Poet” at Books Plus, Castlemaine
- Launch of “Music Our Bodies Can’t Hold” at The Taproom, Castlemaine
- Launch of “Music Our Bodies Can’t Hold” at Collected Works Bookshop, Melbourne.
- Queensland Poetry Festival.
- Perth Poetry Festival.
- Williamstown Literary Festival.
- Christmas Hills Writers and Readers Festival.
- Writer-in-Residence, RMIT University, Melbourne.
- Castlemaine State Festival.
- Castlemaine Poetry Festival.
- The Owl and the Pussycat, Richmond.
- Little Windows Chapbooks Series 1 Launch at Booknook & Bean, Adelaide.
- The Lee Marvin Readings, Adelaide.
- Sporting Poets at the Charles Weston Hotel, Brunswick.
- “The Fractured Self” at the Immigration Museum, Melbourne.
- Chamber Poets at the Chamber Art & Coffee House, Woodend.
- Poetry at the Dan O’Connell Hotel, Carlton.
- Brisbane Writers Festival.
- La Mama Poetica at Carlton Courthouse.
- PoetiCas at Food Garden, Castlemaine.
- Melbourne Poets Union at Hares & Hyenas, Fitzroy.
- Eltham Courthouse Poetry.
- “Captured Whispers” by Black Hole Theatre at 1000£ Bend Gallery, Melbourne.
- Three Poets & a Book Launch at Hobart Bookshop.
- Launch of “Immune Systems” at Collected Works Bookshop, Melbourne.
- House of Bricks Spoken Word, Collingwood.
- “Quippings Freaktastic” at the Melbourne Fringe Festival at the Spiegeltent, Collingwood.
- Launch of “the thin bridge” at Collected Works Bookshop, Melbourne.
- “Poetry for the Soul” at the Carmelite Centre, Middle Park.
- “Laneway Words” with Bill Moran (USA) and Fury at Toot Fanute, Melbourne.
- “Over the Edge Writers Gathering” at Galway Arts Centre’s Nuns’ Island Theatre, Ireland.
- Clifden Arts Week at Station House Theatre, Clifden, Ireland.
- “O’Bheal” at The Long Valley, Cork, Ireland.
- Poetry at the Dan O’Connell Hotel, Carlton.
- “Strip Fest”, various outdoor locations, St Kilda.
- “Poetry at the Comma”, Castlemaine.
- “Readings at Red Wheelbarrow”, East Brunswick.
- “La Mama Poetica” at the Carlton Courthouse.
- “Bar Stanza” at the Owl and the Pussycat, Richmond.
- Write Around the Murray, Writers Festival, Albury.
- Words in Winter Festival at Daylesford.
- Travel Ideals Conference at the University of Melbourne.
- Poetry and Conversation at the Geelong Library.
- Sweetalkers at the Bendigo Hotel, Collingwood.