Coming Up / Online Archive –
(aka poetry events in the era of physical distancing)
What’s Poetry Got To Do… Got To Do With It? (online) – Thursday 12th November, 12.30-1.30pm. A regular series, featuring poems and discussion around the question “What does poetry do?”, with Benjamin Laird, Jennifer McKenzie and myself, with an opportunity for Q&A, this event is run by RMIT’s Non-Fiction Lab, and hosted by Jessica Wilkinson & Zoe Dzunko. For more information, see here, and for bookings, see here. It’s FREE!
‘Growing Up Disabled’ Panel, Wollongong Writers Festival (online) – Monday 23rd November, 6pm. In the lead-up to the publication of this landmark anthology from Black Inc, editor Carly Findlay leads a discussion with Robin M Eames and myself. $10, book (& more info.) here.
‘Creative & In Control’ – Reading & Discussion (online) – Tuesday 8th December, 6.30-7.30pm. On the International Day of People with Disability, Writers Victoria have gathered some fine disabled writers for a panel discussion & to give readings of their own work. Online using ZOOM. See Writers Victoria website for details (to come).
- Poeticas, Maurocco Bar, Castlemaine
- Platform LIVE, Disability Arts Festival (online)
- Poet’s Corner, West Words Sydney (online)
- Couplet Poetry, Queensland Poetry Festival (online)
- Melbourne Spoken Word Festival (online)
- Leading the Charge: Climate Change, Disability & Storytelling, Wheeler Centre, Melbourne
- In Conversation with Lee Kofman, Castlemaine Library
- Bold & Brilliant: Disabled Writers, Common Rooms, Trades Hall, Carlton
- Word for Word Non-Fiction Festival, Geelong
- Cafe Philosophique De L’Amour, Esplanade Hotel, St Kilda
- Poetryspective, Pride of Our Footscray Community Bar, Footscray
- Celebrating Victorian Writers, Panel/Reading, Melbourne Writers Festival
- Disrupting the Ableist Narrative, Panel, Queensland Poetry Festival, Brisbane
- Disability Poetics, Panel, Emerging Writers Festival, Melbourne
- 30 Years of Victorian Writing, Art Is… Festival, Horsham
- Earth@Peace Cultural Evening, Centre for Theology & Ministry, Parkville
- The P-Word Sessions, Motley Bauhaus, North Fitzroy
- La Mama Poetica, La Mama Courthouse, Carlton
- Poetry at Chrissy Hills, Mechanics Institute Hall, Christmas Hills
- Final of the Melbourne Spoken Word Prize, Northcote Town Hall.
- “Cafe Philosophique de la Mort” at the Alex Theatre, St Kilda
- “Halifax Featured Poets” at Halifax Cafe, Adelaide
- “Poetry at the Pub”, Newcastle
- Poetry on the Move” Festival, Canberra
- “The Ostler” at “Present Tense” at RMIT University
- Eltham Courthouse Poetry, Eltham
- Melbourne Poets Union at The Taproom, Castlemaine
- Going Down Swinging presents “In Full Swing” at Rokeby Studios, Collingwood
- 3CR Benefit at Grub Food Van, Fitzroy
- Poetry at the Dan O’Connell Hotel, Carlton
- David Stavanger’s “Electric Journal” plus “Page vs Stage” at The Wheeler Centre, Melbourne
- “Castlemaine Pride” community day at the Botanic Gardens, Castlemaine
- “Risky Business” at the Malthouse Theatre, Southbank
- “Cafe Philosophique Des Toilette” at the Alex Theatre, St Kilda
- “Books Plus Poet” at Books Plus, Castlemaine
- Launch of “Music Our Bodies Can’t Hold” at The Taproom, Castlemaine
- Launch of “Music Our Bodies Can’t Hold” at Collected Works Bookshop, Melbourne.
- Queensland Poetry Festival.
- Perth Poetry Festival.
- Williamstown Literary Festival.
- Christmas Hills Writers and Readers Festival.
- Writer-in-Residence, RMIT University, Melbourne.
- Castlemaine State Festival.
- Castlemaine Poetry Festival.
- The Owl and the Pussycat, Richmond.
- Little Windows Chapbooks Series 1 Launch at Booknook & Bean, Adelaide.
- The Lee Marvin Readings, Adelaide.
- Sporting Poets at the Charles Weston Hotel, Brunswick.
- “The Fractured Self” at the Immigration Museum, Melbourne.
- Chamber Poets at the Chamber Art & Coffee House, Woodend.
- Poetry at the Dan O’Connell Hotel, Carlton.
- Brisbane Writers Festival.
- La Mama Poetica at Carlton Courthouse.
- PoetiCas at Food Garden, Castlemaine.
- Melbourne Poets Union at Hares & Hyenas, Fitzroy.
- Eltham Courthouse Poetry.
- “Captured Whispers” by Black Hole Theatre at 1000£ Bend Gallery, Melbourne.
- Three Poets & a Book Launch at Hobart Bookshop.
- Launch of “Immune Systems” at Collected Works Bookshop, Melbourne.
- House of Bricks Spoken Word, Collingwood.
- “Quippings Freaktastic” at the Melbourne Fringe Festival at the Spiegeltent, Collingwood.
- Launch of “the thin bridge” at Collected Works Bookshop, Melbourne.
- “Poetry for the Soul” at the Carmelite Centre, Middle Park.
- “Laneway Words” with Bill Moran (USA) and Fury at Toot Fanute, Melbourne.
- “Over the Edge Writers Gathering” at Galway Arts Centre’s Nuns’ Island Theatre, Ireland.
- Clifden Arts Week at Station House Theatre, Clifden, Ireland.
- “O’Bheal” at The Long Valley, Cork, Ireland.
- Poetry at the Dan O’Connell Hotel, Carlton.
- “Strip Fest”, various outdoor locations, St Kilda.
- “Poetry at the Comma”, Castlemaine.
- “Readings at Red Wheelbarrow”, East Brunswick.
- “La Mama Poetica” at the Carlton Courthouse.
- “Bar Stanza” at the Owl and the Pussycat, Richmond.
- Write Around the Murray, Writers Festival, Albury.
- Words in Winter Festival at Daylesford.
- Travel Ideals Conference at the University of Melbourne.
- Poetry and Conversation at the Geelong Library.
- Sweetalkers at the Bendigo Hotel, Collingwood.